Our publishing houses: rich and deep content
Les Éditions Transcontinental and Les Éditions Caractère
Headed by Marc Laberge, the Trade section of the TC Media Book Division contains two publishing houses whose roles complement each other.
Since it was founded in 1988, Les Éditions Transcontinental has published close to 700 titles. In the early years it focused on how-to guides in business and professional niches, which it still publishes today but with an expanded reach. Today the publishing house also does about 40-50 titles a year in the business, wellness, cooking and personal story segments, primarily as guides, essays, cookbooks and biographies. A number of these are authored by Quebecers. In addition, Les Éditions Transcontinental publishes the Coup de pouce collection of cookbooks.
Established in 2004, Les Éditions Caractère has more than 1,000 titles in its roster. They add many children's books to their catalogue every year, along with a broad selection of handy guides, mainly in the areas of cooking, the family and health. As Quebec's uncontested leader of supplemental educational materials, Les Éditions Caractère also has about 40 collections in this niche, including the very popular "Incollables" and "Toute mon année."
Chenelière Éducation employs 200 full-time publishing professionals whose talents and skills help support the publication of works by more than 2600 authors at every level of the education system, from preschool to university.
Our catalogues contain more than 4200 titles:
- Quebec's preschool and elementary schools:
Educational resources and reference materials
- Quebec's high schools :
Collections developed for the education reform
- Outside Quebec — kindergarten, elementary and secondary schools
French-language resources: introductory material, and literacy and arithmetic collections
- College and university —materials tailored to the needs of Canadian post-secondary professors and institutions
- Instructional resources — educational resources for teachers at every level
- Vocational and technical training
- Adult education
- Distribution — Chenelière Éducation distributes material produced by European publishers, as well as the Association québécoise de pédagogie collégiale (AQPC) and the Centre collégial de développement de matériel didactique (CCDMD).
Materials published by Chenelière Éducation are used in nearly 5000 Canadian educational institutions and distributed in the U.S. and French-speaking Europe.